The Last Banner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Banner

The forum of the Last Banner

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09

Go down 
+5
Vingilotz
fi
Wilgo
Zorzi
Janadan
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Janadan

Janadan

Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Empty
PostSubject: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:39 am

Wilgo, Aeskarth, Pia, Bonkil, Theutron, Janadan. That's our confirmed lineup for Friday's (successful Wink ) run. So are we all clear about the three boss fights, what our class role is and how we are going to blitz through the toughest instance in Moria.

I suggest we should clarrify any issues re: strategy in advance of the run. Then when we do it everybody should know their role, everybody should be equipped and traited right and the only person needing to talk will be the leader, Aeskarth!

to start with:

We'll need to mitigate shadow damage: trait fidelity and if you have 3 pieces of purple armour set use that rather than the radiance gear.

bring lots of level 65 pots (useful to have salves as can use them on others if they have CD e.g main tank) , tier 6 food (lamb and carrot stew should be useful for +1k wound resistance), hope tokens etc and use them a lot! We don't want Aeskarth shouting at us for not clearing wounds, poison, disease etc Razz

fellowship manoeuvre will be GGGBBB

We should avoid the Gurvand shout debuff at all times. It might not seem to bothersome in early stages but it will hinder our chances drastically if allowed to stack when we get to Gurvand. So stay in the light when you see the shout. Try to remember when the debuff last occurred before moving so you don't get stuck in-between lit runes.

Fight in the light at all times. Aeskarth will use corner pulls so be aware that you'll need to stay out of sight of mobs and let them come to you.

Avoid the slimy tendrils. We don't want additional adds (worms) and we really don't want to be rooted by them when the debuff comes

First boss:

Aeskarth tanks. Bonkil lights rune stones. Pia gets early conjunction - YYYYYY. We cannot riddle (immune) boss so it's get him down asap and avoid knock backs. To avoid knock backs get square against the face of the runestone we are at and face the boss, positioning needs to be A1. Huddle up and get cosy ! If you do get knockback try running forward whilst in air , it works. If we get worms clear them ultra fast. When light of stone extinguished follow Aeskarth to next one and repeat. Final part of fight is in dark , just stick to stone and dps him down.

Second boss:
We all move to lit runestone when boss is activated. Aeskarth kites him around the stone. Pia interrupts AOE attack/heals with addle. Rest on adds using RAT (Janadan). When adds down dps on boss. watch for his immunity whether ranged, melee etc. We should manage this smoothly now

Cool

Gurvand:

read the Strategy make sure you know what to do for your class
Back to top Go down
Zorzi

Zorzi

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:58 am

another thing - get the battle and warding scrolls. -5% incoming and +5% outgoing damage is nice thing.

there is also - if healer has 2 pcs of lorien jewelry - there is some 20s buff to outgoing healing. this couild also help out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Wilgo

Wilgo

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:35 am

Well I think only the tanks need fidelity because there's no aoe at Gurvand but I guess it doesn't hurt to have it for the other fights. We're gonna need Bonkil to watch poisons. Theutron needs to secondary heal so gonna need him in full healing traits. Pia will need to be in full debuff. Janadan should be way of the fist instead of shield for maximum aggro.

Jan you could buy some level 10 spear and swap it once you got aggro on the adds. Then you can just spam conviction and maybe a goad or war-cry now and then. This will keep damage to minimal on the adds.

Also I went in with Fellowship's Heart last time and we had no problems. I won't have time to get kinred with Galadhrim for Friday so we're going without the bracelet, but it shouldn't be a problem. It wasn't last time. It's only a 30 sec healing buff anyway.

Oh and for the conjunction on the second boss. I wonder if doing a GYYYYB gives a larger DoT than 6xY. It at least disables the target some. -30% movement speed and -10% attack speed.
Back to top Go down
Zorzi

Zorzi

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:43 am

i just wish you good luck with it. before we take on more harder enemies - we need to prove ourselves by beating Gurvand Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janadan

Janadan

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:43 am

I went to retrait this afternoon (to way of the fist). However had second thoughts. There doesn't seem to be much added threat, only enhancing effects of desolation and increasing my fist gambit damage. As I don't want to do too much damage whilst tanking the adds is this not counter productive? Also will need to self heal a little so way of the shield to me makes more sense. with 2 fist traits selected i get the additional 10% threat as well. Question

Take point on the fidelity
Back to top Go down
Wilgo

Wilgo

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:01 am

Ok go with way if the shield then.
Back to top Go down
Janadan

Janadan

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:40 am

Wilgo wrote:

That was very submissive of you Exclamation What no argument, no blinding me with facts figures and usually great understanding of game mechanics Question I am worried about you Janne , are you not feeling well?

Razz
Back to top Go down
Wilgo

Wilgo

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:27 pm

Janadan wrote:
Wilgo wrote:

That was very submissive of you Exclamation What no argument, no blinding me with facts figures and usually great understanding of game mechanics Question I am worried about you Janne , are you not feeling well?

Razz

Haha well self-healing makes a lot more sense if you won't get any good traits/bonuses from the fist line.
Back to top Go down
Zorzi

Zorzi

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:38 am

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366001

found this thread - and liked to reply from a guy who tanked it on champ but had many classes to debuff Gurvand. Perhaps this could be a thing to try. both LM and RK have debuffs + champ has a 25% chance spammale skill.

anyway i think its worth another try(es)
Back to top Go down
Janadan

Janadan

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:31 am

I definitely think it's worth a try and if there are alternative strategies to the grd as tank classic then we should try. I'm confident in off-tanking so if Laura can do tank then great. With the rest of our group we should be good for debuffs.

Group run planned for 6th August 19:30 GMT+1, see raid planner to sign up and for details. I have planned for 2 tanks/2 healers/1ranged/1 debuff. I assume this would be okay?

Last edited by Janadan on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
Back to top Go down
Wilgo

Wilgo

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:43 am

Yes that should be ok and I really want to give this another go. Last time wasn't too bad at all. I still think the first strat sounds easiest. The perfect/easiest setup (not the only setup that is) to me would be:

-Either 2xWarden or Guardian and Warden on Gurvand. Warden should be on adds spamming conviction because by not killing adds the others can just keep dps on the boss constantly. Warden should have a crappy lvl 10 weapon or so equipped for the adds to minimize damage.

-Minstrel for some big heals on the main tank.

-Rune-Keeper for off-healing because HoTs are damn nice here. Makes healing whoever is on Gurvand easier. Captain isn't bad either and can revive
twice in combat.

-Burglar for damage buffs/debuffs, good interuptions and of course very nice conjunctions. LM gets more debuffs though and full Ancient Master could help the tank with see all ends.

-Champion/Rune-Keeper/Hunter any of these three should do nicely for dps although the champion has clobber for fast interuptions.
Back to top Go down
Janadan

Janadan

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:39 am

Please note change of date for next DD run from Thursday to Wednesday. This is to accommodate Last Banner and Rangers kin evenings
Back to top Go down
fi

fi

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Debuff screenshot:

Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Screen13
Back to top Go down
Zorzi

Zorzi

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:31 am

sleeping the night over it.....
I guess the small mistakes cost us this:
- best still was jan tanking Gurvy and me on adds (we did one attempt where we had roughly stabilized the fight but he kicked wilgo and someone off the cliff - that was case where we got some 15k down off him)
- we need to find way to manage the adds better - was running around too much (and with buff costantly rooted)
- the switch of Gurvy dpsing and add dpsing needs to be better - we need to use the 30sec window to fully dps boss
- we could try to keep me and Jan both on Gurv all the time - ill just use clobber all the time (it works even when he is reflecting)

anyway i do see that you guys have tried to crack it - trash went down fast and first boss as well (although half of the team went flying).

So until Aeskarth is back - i will gladly help you out if you need me.
Back to top Go down
Wilgo

Wilgo

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:32 am

Yes I agree with you Raul. If you don't have a guardian and warden to tank it's maybe best to try to kill adds. Although I've read that champs have tanked it too. I also read that an LM with the insane debuffs makes Gurvand hit like the Devoted, but you do lose conjunctions. Next time we should try to get a conjunction in right at the start because the HoT will give us like 18 seconds of peace. Also I read he has some absorb debuff that isn't a reflect, he just absorbs and also that some groups have trouble taking him down if he's absorbing and reflecting most of the fight. The debuff will stack too high and then it's over.

I suggest you read the GoV strategy in whole. Lots of info there.
Back to top Go down
Vingilotz

Vingilotz

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:31 am

Wilgo wrote:
I also read that an LM with the insane debuffs makes Gurvand hit like the Devoted, but you do lose conjunctions.
I understand you like BRGs, but the difference in (de)buffs is generally that a BRG has tools which make the group hit the mob harder, while the LRM can use his buffs to decrease the damage to the group. That's why I think a LRM is a better crowd controller and useful in most instances.

I'm going to trait full ancient master for Gurvand and my Raven with +1335 shadow mit will be flying around. Should be interesting to see how it works. You might want torethink the option that it is not better tanking, but better crowd control you need for the fight.

Also for watcher: I read LRMs reduce his ranged damage by almost 90% if there are no resists for the full debuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-rangers.net
Estendir

Estendir

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:58 am

Well, I think we have two things to improve: agro boss and control the adds.
I think the best way for the adds would be agro splitting or kiling them, do not think tanking 4 at once is a good idea. 4 of them do insane shadow damage, I was getting hits from 160 to 400 while having 30% shadow mitigation. Wonder if Burglar could mezz one, one could be offtank by me, and two others could be succesfuly tanked without much healing I think.(or we could kill the one that spawns at 'our' rune)

As a captain I could probably take Blood of Numenor to revive with full morale/power, could also trait for healing (no offtanking then) but that 10% bonus and one HoT with 1:30 CD isn't worth this IMO. Another thing about healing is that without killing adds I lose oportunity to use my base healing skill, I also have to attack someone to bring some melee healing.
Now I need a little slumber (just came back from work)
Back to top Go down
Wilgo

Wilgo

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:39 am

Vingi I just meant that with a LM you need less healing because Gurvand hits like a sissy, but you lose conjunction that HoT everyone now and then. And burglars do have some nice debuffs as well. But yes if you go full AM and have the raven out you should have it pretty good. Also you have a RK in your group that has HoTs for healing. And HoTs just rock in the darkness. I think group 1 will has a very good class setup to take out the adds and keep everyone healed.

Staz can't you hit Gurvand for the healing skill? All you really need to do at the start is keep Janadan spammed with heals until we get a conjunction going and a good start to the fight. And I do think the +10% healing will come in handy. Once Janadan get some heals going he should be able to tank the adds according to the strategy. I recommend everyone to read 5 pages of the GoV strategy. I think we need dust in the eyes traited so it's aoe for adds so they have a 20% chance of completely not hitting Janadan.
Back to top Go down
Janadan

Janadan

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:18 am

Quote :

so pretty much the whole instance then Sad

Seriously guys, we weren't far off being good at this. Just got a little tired and tetchy towards the end. I agree with Bonkil, less chat more action might help, both timewise and keeping focus. I also feel we were better with me tanking in this setup but I'm sure you'll disagree.
Back to top Go down
Belzagar

Belzagar

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:21 pm

Janadan wrote:
Quote :

so pretty much the whole instance then Sad

Seriously guys, we weren't far off being good at this. Just got a little tired and tetchy towards the end. I agree with Bonkil, less chat more action might help, both timewise and keeping focus. I also feel we were better with me tanking in this setup but I'm sure you'll disagree.

Just to let you know - Jacek sends his regards and mocks and would like to let you know that he will most probably be on-line on the coming Saturday.

Cheers,

Pawel
Back to top Go down
Bonkil

Bonkil

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:07 am

Vingi sayd he probely will be able to come and substitute for Pia if needed.

Also i made a couple stacks of Lamb and Carrot soup.. will serve before we go in again. (+1k wound resist food)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1442953821
Vingilotz

Vingilotz

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:46 am

Hey guys, I'm afraid I won't be able to join on saturday, since my wife surprised me with a festival night out, which will keep me away from the computer.
Hope you can find someone else to replace Pia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-rangers.net
Janadan

Janadan

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:36 am

No worries Vingi. Have fun at the festival cheers
Back to top Go down
Zorzi

Zorzi

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:29 am

sorry guys for my crash yesterday night. notebook had overheated due to high outside temperature and longish game night. after 10minute tries of rebooting i gave up and went to sleep.
really sorry for this as i felt we were starting to get the fight under sort of control Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Janadan

Janadan

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:54 am

no problem Raul. We had a damn good try anyway. I've never wanted to get a biss down so much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Banner :: The Last Banner :: Raiding Group and Moria Instances-
Jump to: