HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Bonkil

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:55 am

Team 1 has sceduled their last DD run for Lio's helemt next sunday, and possibly a second run after that for someone else.

Vingi sayd that they are willing to maybe take someone from LB team along for the second run to watch how they do it. So sign up on the event planner just in case guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1442953821
Bonkil

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Well done guys!!! good luck on Wednesday!
Back to top Go down
Janadan

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:45 pm

Gurvand finally down! cheers

Seward Leadz 24
Janbash Creepz 5

Gondor! Gondor, between the Mountains and the Sea!
West Wind blew there; the light upon the Silver Tree
Fell like bright rain in gardens of the Kings of old.
O proud walls! White towers! O wingéd crown and throne of gold!
O Gondor,Gondor! Shall Men behold the Silver Tree,
Or West Wind blow again between the Mountains and the Sea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Estendir

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:01 am

Looks like tank+5xRK is the best option there, I 'm happy we did it in different setup Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bonkil

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:16 am

I was killing those adds and all of a sudden i had a new title bamm.. woohoo effect!

Strat on third try of the night: Janadan, Theutron and I killed every add inc. after all ads down switch to gurv, sometimes leaving the last one for Janadan or Theutron to burn down.

Or it was just luck.

annywho 6/6 now =)
Back to top Go down
Wilgo

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:29 am

I had a feeling you might do it with Theutron aboard and of course since I wasn't there. Razz Good job guys. RKs seem to be really nice for Gurvand, probably why group 1 had so much success. Also interesting to see you did it without any debuffs/cc. As always it seems people may overcomplicate things a bit. Seems like for most fights all you need is dps and everything goes down a lot faster which wins over control and taking in less damage. Hence screw cc or debuffs. I bet 4xRKs, a tank and a minstrel would sweep the floor with Gurvand. When you get the add rythm going any add will go down in seconds vs all that dps.

Anyways this changes nothing we still need to take him down with the real Banner group setup Wink and that won't be on Wednesday because Bonk won't make it. Reschedule maybe and do something else on Wednesday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janadan

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:50 am

Well I disagree. I think a run should still go ahead on Wednesday. As Theutron has signed up and Raul is available at his usual time we can even take some more dps if required Laughing But as always it is a collective decision. If we are not going to do it I would rather cancel in advance though to be fair to people so can I have some thoughts opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilgo

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:54 am

Well yeah we can go of course. I just want to take him down once with the intended LB group because we've come so close twice now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fi

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:57 am

Apologies for missing last night. My ISP service was out.

Yeah let's try Wednesday, why not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeskarth

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:47 am

We definitely should do DD on Wednesday. Remember, we still need a lot of coins, so I'm sure we'll have an occasion to do it with original setup.

Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilgo

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:56 am

Mm.. we do need coins. As long as we get him down once in the original setup I'll be happy. If Estendir can make it we'll have the exact same setup for our group except Theutron takes Bonk's place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Estendir

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:39 am

Nah, night shifts this week, can't come
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bonkil

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:29 pm

YAY 2 kills in a row.
Back to top Go down
Estendir

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:24 am

I'm proud of ourselves, the second run was brilliant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janadan

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:08 am

Guys this was a remarkable journey! Like I said last night it's been months since we started Dark delvings and the learning curve has been steep to say the least. You have to say though (in retrospect) that the Instance is a perfect challenge. The bosses seem impossible at first but with each one you learn a little more and by the end they were easy. I acknowledge that our gear made life a lot easier but DD is obviuosly meant to be run as the last of the Radiance instances. More importantly we became better players and a great team. We experienced some lows, and there seemed to be a point when we had tried Gurvand for the hundreth time or so (joke) when we might actually rip each other's throats out! Then we got him to 8k and everything changed. Can I say thanks to Janne who has constantly been our think tank behind this instance. Your hard work is appreciated mate. For me there was also a change for my character. When we started killing the adds, I became a bit braver and changed from a defensive (shield) spec to higher dps spear trait. Now i'm happy to run in most specs as required. So i have a broader range of skills.Anyway thanks everyone. Gurvand for our group is done but happy to help for alts and Raul's group anytime.

cheers

Seward Leadz 24
Janbash Creepz 5

Gondor! Gondor, between the Mountains and the Sea!
West Wind blew there; the light upon the Silver Tree
Fell like bright rain in gardens of the Kings of old.
O proud walls! White towers! O wingéd crown and throne of gold!
O Gondor,Gondor! Shall Men behold the Silver Tree,
Or West Wind blow again between the Mountains and the Sea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilgo

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:23 am

Indeed it was a rocky road, but we can stand proud now after all these months. I'd like to thank everyone for the all the (somewhat nerve-wrecking) hours we spent in this instance. I think we went through all points of failure in so many different setups that in the end we learned to work together and evolved as a group which lead in the end to our great success. We finally conquered that place and threw Gurvand down into the pit for a change!

It was also fun that we managed to do it twice in a row in our intended setup (thanks to all others who joined us of course) and especially by killing all the adds like the more heavy dps Group 1 did. This proved that with adapting and some analyzing (not too much as Steve always puts it, don't overthink it!) we pulled through in the end and proved that we don't need no stinkin' RKs (no offense to any RKs, well not too much at least Very Happy Niko/Theutron you're great). It's good to know we beat one of the hardest fights in the game and can now look forward to new challenges.

On another note this is probably just me, but I still wonder what went wrong during all those tries in the beginning of killing adds. Obviously we had a lot of good jewellery and gear this time, but it can't be just that. Maybe we just didn't try hard enough and gave up and the amount of different strategies was confusing or maybe we jsut grew a lot as players and became masters of our classes. It seems weird. In the early tries it felt like I couldn't heal a lot more than Aeskarth, but in the end I could actually heal other people rather well. Whatever... It's interesting that what felt almost impossible is so simple suddenly. I guess next time if we end up like this maybe it's best just to give one strategy more goes and really try to find what went wrong. Then again I think it's good to see we can come up with alternative strategies as well because we have quite a unique class composition. I (still) think the hybrid strategy works and we would've got him down if not for the overexcitement in the end when we got to 10kish and getting thrown off so many times.

In conclusion, I hope Turbine makes more of these really nasty instances that are a real challenge instead of swinging the nerfbat into ezmode. I hope they never nerf DD to the masses either. I love solving puzzles so this was great fun for me and I don't think I was the only think tank. We all had good ideas and made adjustments that finally paid off. Anyways this is starting to be a bit longish so thanks to everyone once again and onward to new adventures! Smile

We're done, but we're of course happy to help others kill the bastard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fi

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:46 am

Janadan wrote:
Gurvand for our group is done but happy to help for alts and Raul's group anytime.
cheers

Please set an event for wed evening? With luck we can manage 2 runs - maybe taking Teyr or Theutron for the earlier and then swapping in Niko for the later one as he's usually a later-night starter. This also depends on who can come or wants to come from the LB group.

In the unlikely event that all 3 couldn't come then I'd like to play one of my alts and if not another time. LM shouldn't be too much of a swap out for Pia but I wonder if I'll doom us all playing my GRD Jezne. Might want to wear the lucky hats that time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janadan

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:47 am

fi wrote:

Please set an event for wed evening?

Done
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeskarth

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:33 am

I would also like to add my thanks to all of you, my kinsmen (and Bonkil, who I perceive as one of us). These last few months proved that we are tough, resillient and, above all, smart. Yes, there's been a few difficult moments, there were times when we thought we can't make it, but we managed to overcome all those. This was indeed, brilliant.
I also admit I learned a lot in DD. Last few runs I've been using the purely defensive Fighter of Shadow build, despite my earlier reservations about my ability to keep aggro in it. Knowledge of this build will definitely come in handy in oour fights with the Watcher. But most importantly, I learned to work with you, all of you, I know your playstyles, strengths and weaknesses. This makes my job as a tank much easier and effective.

Now the Squid awaits!

Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09   

Back to top Go down

Countdown to Gurvand 10/07/09
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3