The Last Banner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Banner

The forum of the Last Banner

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Watcher runs

Go down 
+2
Zorzi
Aeskarth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeskarth

Aeskarth

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:38 am

Well, I'm quite pleased with our first try. We almost made it through 2nd/3rd phase transition, this is much better than I expected.

I would like to apologize if you felt I was shouting too much. Frankly, we had too much chaos on our Vent. While I do appreciate everyone's comments and ideas, the time for them is before the actual fight, not in the middle of it. I know that you are smart and very capable players, I value your opinions, but please do have some faith in me and do not start issuing orders in my place. Pretty please?
Back to top Go down
Zorzi

Zorzi

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:53 am

agree that it went better then expected. Had chat with few people who killing the squid most weeks - they all admit that the transition is the key now. if we manage to come out of it with all people alive and at least with most health - it is already big step into getting the mob down.

few remarks we can adress:
1) we didnt move fast enough to middle when phase 1 was over - too many were caught with the strangling tentacles
2) we need to agree who do release people from the strangling tentacles - we dont need to run all to them as they only 5k morale
3) i think we need to get the dps better in phase 2 - seemed that we didnt get the 1st one never down with good speed (its also my own bad there - didnt attack it quick enough)
4) lag was very bad for some people which influenced how well they managed to use their skills.
5) Fi can you comment why only 2 champs need to deal with the 12 tentacles in transition phase? Ent go to war from LM could make it some 5-10 seconds faster.
6) start of phase 3 most of didnt know what to do and just were standing there.

Anyway lets try to form again this wednesday and get the phases 1-2 more smoother.
Back to top Go down
Estendir

Estendir

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:51 am

@ point 5:
any range, especially AoE attack is good, do not recall Fi forbiding it Smile

One question from me:
any reason why we cannot do FM manouver in 2nd phase? I see no contradictions

Anyway the run went good, especially with some firsttimers. One thing that might be better is communication: people caught by tentacles should announce it somehow, do not make other to watch your back
Back to top Go down
Wilgo

Wilgo

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:40 am

Yep a good first run and I agree with the concerns you addressed. Perhaps all the people without a mic (and/or people with mics too to reduce vent chaos) should make a /quickslot x /ra <name> is tangled! Help! command to use when they get tangled so it's easier to follow.

I'm finding this fight easier than Gurvand. There's less luck and chaos. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zorzi

Zorzi

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:53 am

1 small thing that Estendir talked on raid - the 1100 poison resist food was good thing to use - i resisted a lot of acid dots. so this is again something to make the run easier when all use it.
Back to top Go down
fi

fi

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Zorzi wrote:

5) Fi can you comment why only 2 champs need to deal with the 12 tentacles in transition phase?
Ent go to war from LM could make it some 5-10 seconds faster.

It's not that champs should be the only ones to deal with the crshing tentacles, but (in my experience) they should be the only ones standing at the 'banner spot' so healers / capts can focus on them. AE skills such as EGTW or RK skills would be fine on them as far as I'm aware - but I don't know if they can do any ranged damage or have an AE of thier own - test and see?
Back to top Go down
Aeskarth

Aeskarth

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:45 am

Guys,

I'm terribly sorry for my sudden disappearance last night. It seems that my ISP is working for the Watcher Sad I'll try and make it up to you somehow.
Back to top Go down
fi

fi

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:06 am

Aeskarth wrote:
Guys,

I'm terribly sorry for my sudden disappearance last night. It seems that my ISP is working for the Watcher Sad I'll try and make it up to you somehow.

Don't worry, something like that simply can't be helped.

As yet, we have very little contingency - players well enough equipped to fill in for people unable to make when somebody can't turn up / can only come very late. And currently no qualified 'backup' leader. Both of these should improve with time, meanwhile people just swallowed it with calmness as per last night when both combined to thwart us.

The Rangers ran a couple of HM instances afterwards (which I helped with, yawning my head off) to help person inch closer to being watcher-ready.
Back to top Go down
Janadan

Janadan

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:59 am

Don't feel bad mate. It really can't be helped. I was amazed you were all still there when I got home! Just for the record I would be happy to main tank anytime if Jacek can't make it. I read wardens have an easy time against the new watcher versions. Not so happy to lead though. Maybe Vingi should train as your stand in?
Back to top Go down
Wilgo

Wilgo

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:03 am

I could try leading if it comes to that. Yesterday I could've already tried it, but we didn't even have a 12th to step in to help us. I enjoy groups more and a more relaxed leading style. I'm not very fond of shouting at people and trying to keep them in line though and so I prefer if you lead Jacek. Smile Too bad about your ISP last night, but it happens mate. Let's hope it's working as usual on the next run.
Back to top Go down
Janadan

Janadan

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:40 am

I for one would be happy to have Janne lead, given his skufill performance.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Aeskarth

Aeskarth

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:52 am

Not a problem for me. If you prefer someone else leading, fine. Less work for me.
Back to top Go down
Wilgo

Wilgo

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:03 pm

This is only if you can't make it Jacek. I think you're a very good raid leader so if you can make it I think most of us prefer you to lead. Shouts ahoy! Smile
Back to top Go down
Janadan

Janadan

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:35 am

Aeskarth wrote:
Not a problem for me. If you prefer someone else leading, fine. Less work for me.

Bloody hell Jacek read the wholethread will you!!!! We all respect you as the best leader in our kin and the alliance! Sorry probabaly didn't help with some messing around and generally being immature last night but I needed a laugh Cool Anyway looking forward to creepside tonight. Might get a bottle of Tyskie to celebrate.
Back to top Go down
Aeskarth

Aeskarth

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:23 am

<rant>

Steve, it's not about yesterday, I wrote that post before FG run. It's about my general impression. You know that I love leading and I do it with pleasure, but let's be frank - you guys don't always make it easy for me. I don't have anything against completely off-topic chat, laughs and even your singing, Steve Razz. But I would like to ask you for a little respect. When I'm trying to explain tactics for a certain boss and I'm constantly being interrupted, it doesn't really help. I could live with it when we're all running an instance we know by heart, but when we have with us a less experienced player (like Pawel in FG yesterday), sometimes a proper explanation is needed. So, all I ask is a little respect for what I'm doing. You say that I'm the "best leader in our kin and the alliance". Well, I feel less and less like it, more like a grumpy grandmother that won't let her grandkids play as they wish to.

</rant>
Back to top Go down
Zorzi

Zorzi

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:51 am

hey guys - dont forget its again that night when we try to kill the squid.
Back to top Go down
Estendir

Estendir

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:15 am

Sorry for my sudden disappearance last night, had weird connection problems, nothing on router log, just DC and couldn't get back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Watcher runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watcher runs   Watcher runs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watcher runs
Page 1 of 1