The forum of the Last Banner

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Interactive Conjunction Tutorial

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rivorniel

PostSubject: Interactive Conjunction Tutorial   Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:33 am

I'm sure we all looooove conjunctions. Not even gonna ask if you agree with me - what is there not to love? Damage, another type of damage, lovely Hots, lovely Pots... In some cases (meaning, if you and your fellow players are awesome enough), all of them at the same time and even removal of nasty debuffs!

All it takes is hitting the right button/colour at the right time in the right order. Simpel! There are plenty of conjunction/fellowship maneuver guides available all over the Internet place so I'm gonna keep this one short and share a link to a neat little thing for practicing and memorising conjunctions called Interactive Conjunction Tutorial:

http://navsplace.net/cj/interactive.html#interactive

^^

Gerithil, minstrel - 65
Mystle, captain - 49
+ mini alts ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/Rivorniel
Estendir

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Conjunction Tutorial   Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:14 pm

I'm personally a big fan of straights and suffer greatly when someone says:"on boss all yellow"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rivorniel

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Conjunction Tutorial   Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:58 am

Estendir wrote:
I'm personally a big fan of straights and suffer greatly when someone says:"on boss all yellow"

I agree, I suppose it mainly happens in pugs or in raids where you have a lot at stake and it is more reasonable to get all yellows rather than someone messing up the straight. But as we saw yesterday in half-pugging Sammath Gul, it is possible to do straight in a pug, not the easiest instance and even on bosses. I'm always in for going for something more complicated and just trying until you get it done.

Gerithil, minstrel - 65
Mystle, captain - 49
+ mini alts ^^
Back to top Go down
Janadan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Conjunction Tutorial   Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:35 am

We saw the highs and lows of Conjuctions in that SG run. It was frustrating when the others started doing yellows despite the fact we had our staight (wings of the windlord I believe) mastered. Main thing out of it is that each persons designation should be typed, even if you are using voice. Then make sure everyone agrees and understands. I also felt for Riv, who took it as a personal slight when they started knocking out all greens for no reason whatsoever. Your healz were as great as ever Riv. Trustt in the healz guys Laughing

Seward Leadz 24
Janbash Creepz 5

Gondor! Gondor, between the Mountains and the Sea!
West Wind blew there; the light upon the Silver Tree
Fell like bright rain in gardens of the Kings of old.
O proud walls! White towers! O wingéd crown and throne of gold!
O Gondor,Gondor! Shall Men behold the Silver Tree,
Or West Wind blow again between the Mountains and the Sea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rivorniel

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Conjunction Tutorial   Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:34 am

Hehe thanks Steve. I think I did decent job yesterday and the moment when 3 people started randomly hitting green the whole group was near full morale, so it was really a bit of Shocked moment. Problem with yellows is, what I would call Pavlov's reflex - enter the boss --> automatic association with yellow. That is how we have learnt it because all yellows is simple and efficient, and if someone misses the maneuver, it doesn't mess it completely up. People who haven't looked into the conjunctions do not know that there are maybe a bit more complicated but even more efficient ways to do it.

I think it also comes down to the fact that normally raid/group leader (or person assigned by him/her) sets fellowship maneuver and unless told otherwise, everyone should follow it. So if leader says all yellows on boss, it's not my place to argue. Yesterday Steve was leader so everyone should have sticked to the conjunction (it was actually Whispers Under the Mountain - peeked from the Rivshot).

And yes I agree, all persons and their order should be typed, which is why I always ask that the full order was repeated. It is the visual memory that works for most people.

Gerithil, minstrel - 65
Mystle, captain - 49
+ mini alts ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Conjunction Tutorial   

Back to top Go down

Interactive Conjunction Tutorial
Page 1 of 1