The forum of the Last Banner

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Minstrel's Tale.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AppleBard

PostSubject: A Minstrel's Tale.....   Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:01 am

Hello there friend, come in come in. Grab some ale and settle down. What brings the likes of you to my humble abode? A story eh, well i'll see what I can do.....

It all began in Hobbiton where my Mother and Father met. They were married soon after, and I came next. I was named Apple after and incident i'd rather not chat about.

I lived a normal, happy hobbit lifestyle, eating pies and dancing. I was quite fearless! Untill one day....

Now when I look back at it, I can't help but think I could have done something different. That fatefull day, my Father sent me out to get one of Holly's pies and I took a casual pace, something I would live to regret. When I got back Father was sobbing and Mother was gone...

I still to this day don't know where my Mother is, and Father never spoke of her again. I think thats why he payed for me to learn the lute, to keep my mind of her. Well anyway I was quite good at the lute, and I still am.

So as the days past, and the War of the Ring got closer, I could sense the dark shadows approaching the Shire. I spoke to Father about it, but he just said the same things over and over.
Age had taken a terrible toll on him, and I can't help thinking something else.

I played to him every night, and nursed him. But he just got worse and worse. Untill death took him at 75... But he was a shell of the man he used to be.

This drove me to leave the Shire soon after and seek my fortune somewhere else, I traveled the land and changed my name in hounor of my Father. Now I was know as AppleBard, and I went everywhere trying to light up peoples lives. Thorins Gate, Celondim, Rohan, Gondor and Bree land.

Even so I still looked for my Mother, I had heard reports, names and even faces but no luck. I had almost given up hope completly of ever finding her.

I don't know where she is, or if i'll ever make a difference in the world. But I know I have friends and companions who will fight with me till the death.

Oh your leaving so soon? Ah well come back later and we can have some ale by the fire.
But remeber my name Applebard Fleetfoot, and speak it to all you meet, tell them he is with the Last Banner, and if you meet my Mother tell her......

OOC I know it's not really a good story but It serves as background ok ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cawres

PostSubject: Re: A Minstrel's Tale.....   Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:09 am

A sad tale, my friend, one that has moved me deeply (*wipes a tear from her eye).
It seems we have all known loss in these dark times. I will do all I can to aid you in your seach.
So well met , Applebard, I feel honoured to have you on our side!

((OOC: Great story, mate:))

Caw

It matters not how strait the gate,
how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
William Earnest Henley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meneias
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Minstrel's Tale.....   Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:21 am

Applebard, you and Cawres share a pain of family, and I will do all that I can to help you find her, for indeed she deserves to meet the honorable hobbit, who is Applebard Fleetfoot.

Great story mate, a very nice start Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tlbanner.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Minstrel's Tale.....   

Back to top Go down

A Minstrel's Tale.....
Page 1 of 1